Property & Casualty Insurance/Fl Condo Unit Fire

Angi wrote at 2013-06-20 20:28:53
RE: Fl Condo Unit Fire 3/3/13-Fire Dept said Wiring

Dear Jay,

Hi. It is now June 20th & nothing whatsoever has been done for the elderly couple who had a fire in their furnace closet. They consulted w/a law firm who in turn wrote a letter to the Assoc/Mgmt and of which they requested a reply within 30 days. This past Monday was the last day and there was no reply or response from them. I couldn't understand the elderly gentleman on the phone this morning but I think because of $$ he might not use the attys anymore. I'm really not sure.....I know he went to the Mgmt office and asked for a copy of the Assoc Master Ins Policy and was refused!!!! Maybe, legally, he has to request it in writing but then he asked who was the insurance company and the person in the office wouldn't tell him --although they did give him the business card of the insurance broker. The last I knew this morning he was going to get in touch with them. There are about a half dozen condo owners who have arcing & static in their circuit breaker panels & nothing is being done about that. I don't know why Clifton Management is being like this but we as owners are the association and they are playing with our $$. I know the last I talked w/you you said, "Have the Assoc. tell Management to file a claim." Well....they have had two to three different guys or what...public adjusters??...come in to look at the one ever leaves a card or anything written ?????. Jay, I just know that as an owner I'm not going to forget what they are doing to these poor people and somehow something is going to be done about it. You mean to tell me both the association & management don't know the law?????? These people are being stonewalled!!!!! Is it possible there is no Master Policy????

I do wonder if I'll hear from you at this point???....Angi

Property & Casualty Insurance

Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM

I can answer questions relating to the following coverages: personal auto; homeowners; commercial auto; commercial liability; commercial property; business income and all other property and casualty coverages.

I have been in the insurance industry in Florida since 1979. I am currently the president of a Florida domestic insurance company subsidiary. I've taught continuing education classes in Florida and across the country. I am quite familiar with all coverages including Florida Condominium master policies and unit owner policies. I also specialize in agent professional liability. I have been a professional educator since 2001.

I am a member of the Florida Associaion of Insurance Agents, the state affiliate of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.

I currently carry the following professional designations: Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) Associate in Insurance Production (AIP) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Certified Risk Manager (CRM)