Property & Casualty Insurance/General Insurance coverage in event of a Earthquake.

General Insurance Policy.
General Insurance Poli  
QUESTION: Dear Dennis‎

Can Apartment / Bungalow property owners claim their Insurance on occurrence of earthquake ?.

Do General Insurance policies provided by Public or Private limited cos cover insurance coverage for natural disaster such as Earthquake ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Thank you for your question. In the state if Texas earth quake coverage is available on a policy of its own. Just ask your agent for a quote. Thank you.

QUESTION: Dear Dennis

Thank you.

How earthquake non life insurance product is different from "Protection from fire" non life insurance product ?.

Self Owned Apartment / Bungalow - Protection from fire insurance product will cover all the materials inside the apartment viz television set, freeze, washing machine, microwave oven, wall clocks, furniture etc and a yearly/quarterly premium will have to be paid by the policy holder. Typically in a fire the structure may or may not come down while in a earthquake, mostly the structure will come down.

How the calculations will take place for deciding what premium to be paid by the policy holder in a protection from earthquake insurance product ?.

i.e. Materials cost + ? = Premium cost to be bear by the earthquake insurance product Policy Holder.

what is ? here

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello. I'm not sure I understand the question but let me try to answer you the best way I can. Earth quake policies are underwritten totally different than fire policies. Each company has their own way of evaluating the risk at hand. Life insurance has nothing to do with property coverage. They too are seperate. I hope this helps. Thanks!

Property & Casualty Insurance

Dennis Smith

I am a licensed General Lines Agent in the state of Texas. I can help answer questions concerning auto, home, life, and long term care insurance. Each state has their own insurance laws, regulations, and policies. In order to help you the best way possible please only ask me questions pertaining to Texas insurance policies.

I have been an agent in Texas for over 9 years. I am a full time agent not a part time sales person with a license. Helping families protect their assets and save money in the process is what I strive to do every day.

NAIFA. National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.

I have a Bachelors Degree in Business and one day plan on teaching insurance to other professionals as well.

I have won numerous company awards such as outstanding sales achievement awards, Best of the Best awards, and a Million Dollar Ring contest.

I have over 500 customers and manage over 1,500 policies.