You are here:

Property & Casualty Insurance/neighbors water heater leak & my soaked wood floor & cabinets.


John Roza wrote at 2013-08-16 20:20:46
Dear Rex,

I Worked with the claims department, as an property loss estimator in numerous multi story condominium complexes if there was a condo unit where the sink,tup/shower,water heater caused damage to an adjacent condo unit, beside or below, It was always taken care of by the insurance company who's policy holder caused the damage unintentionally. This would be catagorized, a liability claim. This type of claim would be handled, in the liability claims department, which is an independent branch of the insurance company.  You would have to do some major research to find this department. You also will be handed over to many different departments within the insurance companies, Because most won't want to take liability for this type of claim. I have never been denied such a claim for the insured.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dominick Belinchak, Insurance Adjuster


Property & Casualty Insurance Claims -- Residential & Commercial. I've worked for approximately 20+ insurance companies and have adjusted just under 1,000 claims, including residential & commercial losses that involve business interruption, fire, smoke, pipe break, hurricane, sinkhole, flood, water damage, mold, theft, vandalism, rental properties, appliance water leaks and others. If you are hitting a "brick wall" with your insurance company or insurance adjuster, or have a coverage question, please feel to ask. I'm here to help you!


Texas Independent Insurance Adjuster 2004-current Florida Insurance Adjuster 2009-2014

BS Business Administration USF (Tampa) -- 1992

©2017 All rights reserved.