Property & Casualty Insurance/master policy coverage


Hi Mr. Williams,
My daughter put in my email wrong-(I had to get something out of the oven quick)So, I don't know if you got my msg or answered it or what. I needed some pages to our condo docs 'cause I have a real old copy and couldn't read some of them plus I wanted to know if there had been any amendments & do they (management) send a copy of same to each owner? While I was there I took a look at the "property" coverage portion of the master policy & I expected there to be boring paragraph, sub-para of insurance talk & there was nothing!!!!! I was in a hurry (birthday planning)so didn't ask. So my question is.....if the property damage coverage is just the mandatory, does it just reference  the Condominium Act/Statutes & all that insurance talk left to the side..not all written in the policy? It was just a binder w/the amt,premium & deductible - there was an Insurance policy form number.......Do you follow what I'm asking?....should it have been full disclosure of coverage??...Awaiting your reply, Sue

H Sue,

I apologize for the slow response.  I have been on the road almost constantly for the last two weeks and I have fallen behind on my responses.  I did receive your original question but I will respond to this one and delete the other.

You haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the policy!  :)  The actually policy will contain several forms: Covered property form; perils form; General liability form; common provisions form; FL state mandated forms; just to name a few.  It would be very easy for the policy to contain over 50 pages.  

The FL changes form will specifically address the coverage issues related to Statute 718.111(11)...primarily the subparagraphs relating to the insuring requirements.  My guess is that the association has not been receiving a full copy of the policy each year.  If they have, they have not been updating the binder they keep it in.  

They can easily get a copy by requesting one from their agent.  

I hope that helps a little.  Let me know if you have more questions.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM


I can answer questions relating to the following coverages: personal auto; homeowners; commercial auto; commercial liability; commercial property; business income and all other property and casualty coverages.


I have been in the insurance industry in Florida since 1979. I am currently the president of a Florida domestic insurance company subsidiary. I've taught continuing education classes in Florida and across the country. I am quite familiar with all coverages including Florida Condominium master policies and unit owner policies. I also specialize in agent professional liability. I have been a professional educator since 2001.

I am a member of the Florida Associaion of Insurance Agents, the state affiliate of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.

I currently carry the following professional designations: Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) Associate in Insurance Production (AIP) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Certified Risk Manager (CRM)

©2017 All rights reserved.