Property & Casualty Insurance/personal property owned by others in my residence

MrInsuranceBroker wrote at 2014-03-13 02:33:51
I'd have skipped the disclaimers and begun where Jay K. Williams ended: argue for coverage, but the agent asking the question seemed concerned about not knowing the answer.  Better to remember that whatever we know, or think we know, it's the insurer who has to decide.  As Mr. Williams noted, once the insurer makes a determination, then if we disagree, we have an opportunity to explain to them where they made an innocent error. I find that often helps rather than getting into a battle of experts.

It's been over a month since the original Q posted, and it would be interesting to learn the results.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM

I can answer questions relating to the following coverages: personal auto; homeowners; commercial auto; commercial liability; commercial property; business income and all other property and casualty coverages.

I have been in the insurance industry in Florida since 1979. I am currently the president of a Florida domestic insurance company subsidiary. I've taught continuing education classes in Florida and across the country. I am quite familiar with all coverages including Florida Condominium master policies and unit owner policies. I also specialize in agent professional liability. I have been a professional educator since 2001.

I am a member of the Florida Associaion of Insurance Agents, the state affiliate of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.

I currently carry the following professional designations: Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) Associate in Insurance Production (AIP) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Certified Risk Manager (CRM)