Property & Casualty Insurance/sewer line

Question
Hello James,

I bought a condo new back in 1998. Ever since I've owned it about every two years the sewer line backs up. It happened again recently and this time they ran a camera down the line. The back up is being caused by a part of the pipe that is pushed in and broken from the top and is obstructing flow.   
It appears this happened back during the building process as it has been an issue ever since I moved in.
Do you think I should consult the master policy to see if it is covered?  Thank you!

Answer
Jackson,

Absolutely!  And if it is not,  ask the condo board to go after the builder or repair it at the expense of the condo association. Perhaps the board knows who the builder's insurance company is and they can file a claim directly.

Hope this helps,

James Berliner  

Property & Casualty Insurance

James R. Berliner, CPCU