Property & Casualty Insurance/What is the content manipulation charge in mitigation and repair?

My house had water damage. I saw the mitigation company invoice has content manipulation charge. The insurance estimating repair also has the content manipulation charge. Now I need to demand time I took to move the wet items out of the affected room. Does the content manipulation charge just pay for moving something during the mitigation and repair? Can you explain it? Thank you.

Content manipulation charge is just an estimate of the costs related to moving the contents out to do a construction job along with the cost to move the contents back in after the repairs are complete. It could also refer to just moving the contents to one side of the house to get at an area of the house needed to be repaired and moving the contents back over to where they originally were once the area of damage has been fixed.
This figure is based on the amount of items in the area of house damaged it is often a nominal amount and would mean the contents in the area of damage are not damaged themselves and just need to be moved back and forth to do the job.

Good Luck,

Property & Casualty Insurance

James R Carrier

I'm an insurance adjuster. If you have had an insurance loss your in the right place. Insurance coverages is not my forte, you would want to ask one of the other experts who are insurance agents. I'm able to answer questions regarding coverage, damage valuation, basically anything to do with property & casualty. My expertise is accessing damage putting a valuation on that damage and proving damage to an insurance company adjuster on behalf of a homeowner or business owner. I'm able to answer or get the answer regarding underwriting. Please no questions on automobile coverage you know more than me in that area.

20 years as a licensed adjuster, handling 1000's of homeowners and commercial claims in Michigan, Louisiana, and Florida. I own a Public Adjusting Company, Advanced Adjusting LLC in Milford MI.

Business degree with an emphasis on accounting from Arizona State University, graduating in the Fall of 1984. I have taught and participated in continuing education courses in the field of property and casualty.