Property & Casualty Insurance/Pool collapse as it pertains to neighbor's property

We just installed a 22x52 Intex pool.  Soft sided with metal rim and legs.  Followed all instructions , hauled in sand to level etc.

What if it collapses for some reason out of our control ?  Would homeowners typically cover?  Is there an addendum to our policy I can purchase?

Thank you~ Vicki

Typically you would have to call your agent and notify them of your improvement to the property. In the case of a pool there is a possibility your premium would be affected, they should be notified. In the case of a swimming pool you have additional concerns your insurer would have in regards to liability. Risk of injury from party's outside your family unit increases risk significantly.
To answer your question, typically a collapse that would cause monetary damage would be covered on your homeowners policy. The chance that your insurance company would deny you payment is practically certain no matter what hoops you jump through in notification and proper installation. Unfortunately, in practice I've found insurance carrier's tend to deny these types of claims so frequently you would assume it's a policy to deny any questionable claims and sort them out later based upon how far you'll go in getting them to honor there policy.

Jim C

Property & Casualty Insurance

James R Carrier

I'm an insurance adjuster. If you have had an insurance loss your in the right place. Insurance coverages is not my forte, you would want to ask one of the other experts who are insurance agents. I'm able to answer questions regarding coverage, damage valuation, basically anything to do with property & casualty. My expertise is accessing damage putting a valuation on that damage and proving damage to an insurance company adjuster on behalf of a homeowner or business owner. I'm able to answer or get the answer regarding underwriting. Please no questions on automobile coverage you know more than me in that area.

20 years as a licensed adjuster, handling 1000's of homeowners and commercial claims in Michigan, Louisiana, and Florida. I own a Public Adjusting Company, Advanced Adjusting LLC in Milford MI.

Business degree with an emphasis on accounting from Arizona State University, graduating in the Fall of 1984. I have taught and participated in continuing education courses in the field of property and casualty.