You are here:

Property & Casualty Insurance/What insurance do I need?


My husband wants to start a roadside assistance business. He will not be doing any towing or removal of vehicles at the beginning. What policies will he need to be certified to allow him to subcontract as well.


Sorry for the delayed response, been traveling. So I need a little more information. 1- Is he going to have a home office? A garage? Where will the business be based? 2- If no towing or removal, what services will he be providing? And you said "at first" so does he intend to offer those in the future? Let me know and I can direct you further.


Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kristen Mulcahy, CIC


My specialty is commercial insurance for business owners. I can answer questions regarding liability, property, auto, workers compensation, directors and officers, umbrellas and risk management for all types of businesses. Risk management, or loss control, is taking measures to reduce the chances of a loss in the first place or, helping to prevent a loss from happening again. Insurance can be complicated and confusing and there are no stupid questions! I am President of Western States Loss Control, Inc. and we provide insurance consultations to business owners and surveys/inspections for insurance companies in all states West of the Mississippi.


20+ years of industry experience.

Past President of SCIP Southern Connecticut Insurance Professionals, a chapter of International Association of Insurance Professionals.

Certified Insurance Counselor, 2001.

©2017 All rights reserved.