Property & Casualty Insurance/Casualty Insurance


I own a condo in Florida. A unit in my building is infested with mold, due to a roof leak. The owner of the unit believes that the management company was negligent in dealing with the issue. The management company won't reveal the name of its insurer. Is there a way to obtain that information, without the cooperation of the management company?

Thank you for sharing your expertise.


Thanks for your question.

The association should have a certificate of insurance on file or the address of the management company. A letter would need to be sent to the management company and their insurance agent/company requesting policy information. At this point an attorney really needs to be brought into the situation to handle any issues going forward.  

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM


I can answer questions relating to the following coverages: personal auto; homeowners; commercial auto; commercial liability; commercial property; business income and all other property and casualty coverages.


I have been in the insurance industry in Florida since 1979. I am currently the president of a Florida domestic insurance company subsidiary. I've taught continuing education classes in Florida and across the country. I am quite familiar with all coverages including Florida Condominium master policies and unit owner policies. I also specialize in agent professional liability. I have been a professional educator since 2001.

I am a member of the Florida Associaion of Insurance Agents, the state affiliate of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.

I currently carry the following professional designations: Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) Associate in Insurance Production (AIP) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Certified Risk Manager (CRM)

©2017 All rights reserved.