Property & Casualty Insurance/houseboat dock


Would an owner occupied houseboat's insurance extend to cover the liability for the dock and land that is also owned by the insured?

They own a strip of land 100' x 10' with a 20' x 18' wooden boat dock where the houseboat is moored.  How do we insure the premises liability for the land/dock?

Hi Renee,

Is it possible for you to attach a copy of the policy?  This type of policy is not standard and will vary from company to company. Without looking at the form and endorsements I really can't answer your question.

Let me know if you can't attach it. I'll give you my email address so you can send it to me if there is no option for attachments.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM


I can answer questions relating to the following coverages: personal auto; homeowners; commercial auto; commercial liability; commercial property; business income and all other property and casualty coverages.


I have been in the insurance industry in Florida since 1979. I am currently the president of a Florida domestic insurance company subsidiary. I've taught continuing education classes in Florida and across the country. I am quite familiar with all coverages including Florida Condominium master policies and unit owner policies. I also specialize in agent professional liability. I have been a professional educator since 2001.

I am a member of the Florida Associaion of Insurance Agents, the state affiliate of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America.

I currently carry the following professional designations: Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI) Associate in Insurance Production (AIP) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Certified Risk Manager (CRM)

©2017 All rights reserved.