Property & Casualty Insurance/houseboat dock

Question
Would an owner occupied houseboat's insurance extend to cover the liability for the dock and land that is also owned by the insured?

They own a strip of land 100' x 10' with a 20' x 18' wooden boat dock where the houseboat is moored.  How do we insure the premises liability for the land/dock?

Answer
Hi Renee,

Is it possible for you to attach a copy of the policy?  This type of policy is not standard and will vary from company to company. Without looking at the form and endorsements I really can't answer your question.

Let me know if you can't attach it. I'll give you my email address so you can send it to me if there is no option for attachments.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

Jay K. Williams, AAI, AIP, CIC, CRM