You are here:

Property & Casualty Insurance/Insurance dispute - Toledo, Ohio


Hooper wrote at 2014-10-04 16:13:14
I am an Ohio Lic. Property & Casualty Specialist & sold Homeowners Insurance -First of all- read your policy -it should outline a limitation in the coverage such as vandalism/theft to make sure you are understanding what you are "hearing". Also- who are you speaking to? Is it the adjuster, your agent, their staff? Many people have the mind set that "we haven't used our policy by making a claim"-but in fact, for insurance companies, homeowner type policies are not a profitable part of the ins. business. For example,you pay 1,200/yr premium-you have a loss of $50,000,or $49,000 after your deductible-It would take 40 yrs worth of premiums to re-coup just one pay out. You can imagine the toll one house fire does-replace home,house occupants for months,all furnishing & clothing,any injury to a person visiting...Hundreds of thousands. Only make claims for things you just cant afford, keep your home in good repair,& your home must be occupied by the owner to be covered under a homeowner policy. If you feel after talking to your agent, & the adjuster,that you still need help-Contact the Ohio Dept of Insurance, they are the regulatory Agcy that can really help. All insurance companies must follow guidelines and treat all their policy holders the same. Take the time to review your policies when your agent asks you to stop in & do so - and make sure you have a company that educates you when you buy & before making decisions. Hope things work out for you.

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I have extensive knowledge in Personal Auto, Homeowners Insurance and Personal Umbrella Insurance. Also thoroughly familiar with Claims Handeling procedures. Will answer questions related to the above.


Experience in the area: Served as an expert at from 7/2000 thru 10/2002 in catagories of general insurance, auto and home insurance. Answered 422 questions before that site closed. Licensed in California since 1961, first in Life & health for two + years and as a Property/Casualty Agent/Broker since 1964. I sold my business and took early retirement in 1998. Still maintain a valid California Property/Casualty Agent/Broker License. I have been a volunteer at since 2002. I can provide assistance in the following fields: Property and Casualty Insurance, Insurance Law, Auto Insurance Claims

not applicable

©2017 All rights reserved.