Real Property Appraisals/Landline valuation codes

I just got elected to the board of assessment appeals.  Is there a national, state or is it local definition for the landline valuation codes. I am talking about the numerical value put under I.factor;S.A; Acre disc.; C Factor ST Idx and Sprcial Pricing which give the "land value" number.   Our assessor is loath to hand out information.

I hope this is something in your field of expertise.

Thank you,
Barbara P.

I am only dimly aware of this subject as I don't deal in the Assessor arena. I googled various versions of "Landline Valuation Codes", "Landline Valuation Code" and these numerical values appear to be different in each area.

I know that the Assessors in my area, Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County and Riverside County all have different classifications.

I would start with logging onto the Assessors office in your community/county and see if this information is available there. Also question your fellow Board Members.

I am a little perplexed as to why your assessor is "loath to hand out information". It would seem that as a new board member, you should have this information.

Looks like you have a learning curve with this new position. Best of luck to you

John C. Carlson
CA Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Victorville and Diamond Bar, CA  

Real Property Appraisals

John C. Carlson

Any questions regarding commercial and/or residential appraising, appraisals or real estate valuation such as: appraising as a profession, valuation techniques, comparable sales selection & analysis, the new HVCC and how it affects appraisers & Borrowers. Also, questions like: "Why did my appraisal come in low & what can I do about it?" I cannot answer questions about comparable data in areas in which I do not practice. I have expertise in most areas of So. California.

31-years both commercial and residential valuation experience. State of CA Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, licensed to appraise all property types. FHA Approved. Specialized expertise with historic, architectural & luxury residential property valuation. Experienced in industrial building and small commercial property valuation. Experienced Reviewer of appraisal reports and expertise with intensive forensic reviews to uncover fraudulent appraisal reports. Expert Litigation and Expert Witness experience.

Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute. Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiners.

Numerous posts to Blogs. Please "Google" "John C. Carlson Real Estate Appraisals" where a list of responses I have made will show up.

Numerous classes by the Appraisal Institute since 1978 in the practice areas in which I specialize

First Republic Bank Wells Fargo Bank California Bank & Trust Preferred Bank Numerous Attorneys.