Real Property Appraisals/Value of used mobile homes.

Where can I get the value of my 1984 Celtic Bay mobile home?Thanks!

The easiest way is to go to the N.A.D.A Manufactured Housing Guide @

You can get an on-line "Basic Value Report" for $20. The report allows you to input all of the amenities of your home & print out an estimated value for your model.

I don't specifically recall this, but before I got on-line, I would go to the Tags on the front of your home & copy down the HUD Tag Numbers. Remember that if you have a Double Wide unit, there will be two Tag Numbers. Also have available the detailed page about your unit that is usually in the laundry room or the master bedroom closet. I recall that you will need to input information from these documents into the value report.

Don't be tempted to "improve" on the condition ratings asked for in the report. You want to have an accurate estimate of the value for your model.

Good luck & have fun!

John C. Carlson
Victorville and Diamond Bar, CA

Real Property Appraisals

John C. Carlson

Any questions regarding commercial and/or residential appraising, appraisals or real estate valuation such as: appraising as a profession, valuation techniques, comparable sales selection & analysis, the new HVCC and how it affects appraisers & Borrowers. Also, questions like: "Why did my appraisal come in low & what can I do about it?" I cannot answer questions about comparable data in areas in which I do not practice. I have expertise in most areas of So. California.

31-years both commercial and residential valuation experience. State of CA Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, licensed to appraise all property types. FHA Approved. Specialized expertise with historic, architectural & luxury residential property valuation. Experienced in industrial building and small commercial property valuation. Experienced Reviewer of appraisal reports and expertise with intensive forensic reviews to uncover fraudulent appraisal reports. Expert Litigation and Expert Witness experience.

Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute. Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiners.

Numerous posts to Blogs. Please "Google" "John C. Carlson Real Estate Appraisals" where a list of responses I have made will show up.

Numerous classes by the Appraisal Institute since 1978 in the practice areas in which I specialize

First Republic Bank Wells Fargo Bank California Bank & Trust Preferred Bank Numerous Attorneys.