Real Property Appraisals/Value of used mobile homes.

Question
Where can I get the value of my 1984 Celtic Bay mobile home?Thanks!

Answer
Randy,

The easiest way is to go to the N.A.D.A Manufactured Housing Guide @ http://www.nadaguides.com/Manufactured-Homes

You can get an on-line "Basic Value Report" for $20. The report allows you to input all of the amenities of your home & print out an estimated value for your model.

I don't specifically recall this, but before I got on-line, I would go to the Tags on the front of your home & copy down the HUD Tag Numbers. Remember that if you have a Double Wide unit, there will be two Tag Numbers. Also have available the detailed page about your unit that is usually in the laundry room or the master bedroom closet. I recall that you will need to input information from these documents into the value report.

Don't be tempted to "improve" on the condition ratings asked for in the report. You want to have an accurate estimate of the value for your model.

Good luck & have fun!

John C. Carlson
Victorville and Diamond Bar, CA
www.jccrea,com

Real Property Appraisals

John C. Carlson