Real Property Appraisals/Easement

I have an "easement" on my written deed but does not specify if I own this.  The plot map in the town shows it is my property.

How can I find out if I own this?

You will have to go to a local Title Company and have a Title Company engineer plot this easement on the plat map for your lot.

The Title Company can also research what this easement entails, who recorded the easement, and who/what the ownership is.

This in important information because it may affect the use of your lot. I recall a case I had several years ago in which a property was purchased and an easement was not disclosed or discovered by the Title Company. The easement's location in the back yard precluded the ability to build a pool. The Buyer's specifically bought the property so they could build a pool.

very important to determine what the easement is & then determine if it affects the use of your lot.

John C. Carlson
Victorville & Diamond Bar, CA

Real Property Appraisals

John C. Carlson

Any questions regarding commercial and/or residential appraising, appraisals or real estate valuation such as: appraising as a profession, valuation techniques, comparable sales selection & analysis, the new HVCC and how it affects appraisers & Borrowers. Also, questions like: "Why did my appraisal come in low & what can I do about it?" I cannot answer questions about comparable data in areas in which I do not practice. I have expertise in most areas of So. California.

31-years both commercial and residential valuation experience. State of CA Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, licensed to appraise all property types. FHA Approved. Specialized expertise with historic, architectural & luxury residential property valuation. Experienced in industrial building and small commercial property valuation. Experienced Reviewer of appraisal reports and expertise with intensive forensic reviews to uncover fraudulent appraisal reports. Expert Litigation and Expert Witness experience.

Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute. Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiners.

Numerous posts to Blogs. Please "Google" "John C. Carlson Real Estate Appraisals" where a list of responses I have made will show up.

Numerous classes by the Appraisal Institute since 1978 in the practice areas in which I specialize

First Republic Bank Wells Fargo Bank California Bank & Trust Preferred Bank Numerous Attorneys.