Prosthodontics/Changing Prosthodontists

Question
I began treatment with a prosthodontist a couple months ago, however, progress hasn't turned out they I would like. But, before calling to ask for my lab stones to take to a new specialist, I thought I'd write in and ask how appropriate to make such a request without appearing confrontational.
- I am just looking to save time.

Any insight you may provide is appreciated,
Thank you

Answer
It is not uncommon for this thing to happen. It is also very important to have that rapport with your treating dentist, and more so with a prosthodontist because your treatment, most probably, is going to take several months and be expensive.
Asking for your stone models to be sent to another prosthodontist or picking them up yourself shouldn't be confrontational, and most probably you are going to only see the front desk personnel.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Elsafi

Prosthodontics

Mohamed Elsafi, DDS, MS, FACP