hi. What would be the best treatment plan for a patient who wants to have a removable partial denture (metal framework)
She has a periodontal problem (generalized). Theres gone loss ane some of her teeth are mobile.
What would be the abutment and the design if tooth #s 22, 16, 17 are missing in the maxillary arch and #s 47, 46, 32, 36, 37 in the mandibular arch.
Thank you

It's very hard to design an RPD without visually looking at the patient and/or models. We use a different teeth numbering system here in the States and I'm not sure which teeth you are referring to.
I'd be happy to help you if you can send me intraoral pictures and/or pictures of the models.

Dr. Elsafi

Mohamed Elsafi, DDS, MS, FACP

I am a board-certified Maxillofacial Prosthodontist. I do head and neck prosthetic reconstruction for patients with congenital and acquired defects. This also includes trauma and cancer patients. I can answer questions about prosthetic rehabilitation of the head and neck area. I am also a board-certified prosthodontist and can answer questions about dental reconstruction including crowns, bridges, veneers, partial and complete dentures and implant restorations. I can also answer questions about TMJ problems. I can not answer about surgical reconstruction.

I am a board-certified prosthodontist and maxillofacial prosthodontist and have been practicing denitstry for over 15 years.

American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics. American College of Prosthodontists. American Dental Association.

I received my dental degree from University of Southern California. I did my prosthodontics residency at University of Florida and my maxillofacial prosthetics fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

Chief Fellow at MD Anderson Cancer Center.