Prosthodontics/Bridge problems

Last summer I had a bridge placed in the left side lower jaw, one space from the back. The space had never given me any trouble, so a bridge was not really necessary, but I have a very good dental plan, and I thought I should use up my credits for the year. My dentist said the work might be a bit difficult, but he saw no reason not to put a bridge there, so he did.
Immediately after, it started giving me pain, which radiated into the upper jaw. I went back and he said it looked fine, but put me on antibiotics, which did the trick for a while. A month later the pain came back and again I went on the antibiotics. Since then, I have had periods of a few days with no pain, then some pain, which a couple of motrins quickly resolves. Since the new year, however, the pain has been daily. It seems to have gotten more sensitive to hot and cold foods, which triggers the pain, but the strangest thing of all is that every night around 10:30, like clockwork, the pain comes. Not intense, enough for one motrin to resolve. I brush daily and floss several times a week. Do you have any idea what could be happening? Could it be taking this long for my jaw to get used to the bridge or something?
I will be seeing my dentist in a couple weeks for hygeine and a checkup. I am so frustrated I almost feel like asking him to take it out. I feel its partially my fault as I didnt really need it anyway!
Another strange thing is that I had another bridge replaced on the other side just recently. The hygenist discovered the tooth was decaying, and I was told this was a necessity. This newer bridge is just fine!
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Hi. Unfortunately I am not a dentist. My field is in dentures. I would however advise that you make an appointment with your dentist or ask the advise of an expert in the dentist section. Any dental work that causes pain for the period of time you mention and given the fact your dentist gave you antibiotics, could indicate an infection, especially if the pain increases in the night when laying down and is a throbbing pain. If you have a fever then I would advise you contact the dentist or doctor straight away, otherwise please ask in the dentist section and check to see they are a qualified dentist.
Hope you get it sorted, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.  

Andrew pattinson

I can answer and give advice on all denture related questions. Full and partial dentures and implant retained dentures. Denture problems, what to expect from new dentures, denture related oral hygiene etc.

I have over 20 years experience as a qualified dental technician and clinical dental technician, I have worked in the UK and Germany. I currently own and run two dental clinics in England and Scotland treating patients for new dentures and denture related problems. In the past 10 years I have treated and fitted well over 5000 patients with new dentures.

Organizations federation of general dental practitioners.

I have BTECH national diploma in dental technology science and graduated form the Royal college of surgeons England with a diploma in clinical dental technology dipcdtRCS(Eng) I studied at NHS Postgraduate Deanery for Surrey, Sussex and Kent along with the Federation of General Dental Practitioners

I have treated over 5000 denture patients in the past 10 years