Prosthodontics/Cerec Crowns

I had 2 bottom molar teeth placed with Cerec crowns yesterday. The procedure was a long one with a lot of drilling out old fillings and prep. Today my gums are very sore and when I looked in the mirror, I can see the gums around the new crowns are raw and excoriated, with some white tissue showing. I am rinsing with salt water, but is there anything else  I should be doing? The dentist told me my gums may be sore, but I didn't expect this . It's the weekend and there's no one else n the office till Monday. I would appreciate any advice.

This is all normal after such a procedure. It usually last for a couple of days. You should continue rinsing with warm salt water.
You should go back to your dentist if pain/swelling last for more than three days.
Hope you feel better.
Dr. Elsafi

Mohamed Elsafi, DDS, MS, FACP

I am a board-certified Maxillofacial Prosthodontist. I do head and neck prosthetic reconstruction for patients with congenital and acquired defects. This also includes trauma and cancer patients. I can answer questions about prosthetic rehabilitation of the head and neck area. I am also a board-certified prosthodontist and can answer questions about dental reconstruction including crowns, bridges, veneers, partial and complete dentures and implant restorations. I can also answer questions about TMJ problems. I can not answer about surgical reconstruction.

I am a board-certified prosthodontist and maxillofacial prosthodontist and have been practicing denitstry for over 15 years.

American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics. American College of Prosthodontists. American Dental Association.

I received my dental degree from University of Southern California. I did my prosthodontics residency at University of Florida and my maxillofacial prosthetics fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

Chief Fellow at MD Anderson Cancer Center.