Protestantism/Real Presence

Patrick wrote at 2009-08-25 03:36:53
I'm one to believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist.  What I feel is missing among the Catholic hierarchy is serving the disabled, for one.

Marlee wrote at 2012-07-11 18:18:41
Because there was sect of a religious group around that time who were gnostics and did not believe that Jesus came to earth in the flesh but that he was just a shadow of the real personhood of Christ.  The early church fathers had to explain that Jesus was indeed a real man, who came in the flesh, really was crucified and was resurrected from the dead.  Some early people did not believe this like the Jews in the account you speak of in John 6.  We protestants think that the early writers or church fathers tried to explain it this way but it got kinda distorted into eating his flesh and drinking his blood rather than Jesus being an actual person that came in the flesh to take away the sins of the world.  To eat in Jewish terms OT idea was the ingest the words of God, Jesus is the word.

mike wrote at 2014-03-10 21:55:13
If you were to sit before the Blessed Sacrament with an open mind and heart you would notice great power and peace coming from the tabernacle. To sit in a protestant chaple would give you none of this.  

Rev Philip Dacre

I deal with the truths of Christianity, the Jesus way.

20 years full time missionary work living by faith in God.

BSc & diplomas.