My mother is 97. She said she was saved and baptized in the 7th Day Adventist church when she was in her late teens-twenties. She started working on Saturdays and they excommunicated her. She never went to church much after that, and rarely talked about God to me. As death approaches her, do you think she's saved? A parent should be concerned about this for their children but it's reversed here.

Dear Mr. McNeill,

That's not a question that any person can answer with certainty, much less over the internet and for someone not in the conversation. If your mother is still of a sharp mind, the best thing to do is approach her about this personally and express your concerns. True evangelism is the outworking of love in honest communication.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know, and keep me informed how it goes.

- Lucan Chartier

Lucan Chartier

I have nine years experience as an evangelist and eight as an assistant pastor and youth counselor. I've spent a little over thirteen years investigating various religions - Protestantism included - by speaking to leading officials therein and discussing the basis of their beliefs.

I have experience answering questions dealing with Protestantism in general, ranging from the history and origins of the movement to the specific doctrines and beliefs of many denominations therein.

I can answer questions regarding the differences in various denominations, religious liberty, religious history, and Biblical prophecy. I have spent several years studying and answering questions on doctrine and theology, using the Word of God as the basis for what is true and false.

I greatly to answer questions based on fact - what does the Word of God say, what does history say, and what does it not say. Beyond that, please don't ask for or expect my mere opinions, because I am not in the habit of giving them.

My specialty is in Seventh-day Adventist theology and history, however I have studied the Reformation and virtually every Christian denomination I have encountered in order to have a more complete and unbiased understanding of their beliefs and how they came to be.

I have been active in documenting and questioning the beliefs of Christian denominations for over thirteen years, ranging from discussions with leading individuals within the organizations to reading the books and materials provided by such groups.

I have had an abiding interest in Protestantism in general, from the time of Wycliffe on, for approximately fifteen years, and have gathered a reasonable amount of knowledge of the topic in that time.

The Creation Seventh Day Adventist Church

The CSDA Signet

High school graduate, student teacher of Creation SDA Christian Academy private school. Assistant Pastor eight years, youth counselor eight years, evangelist nine years.