I saw a response from you on tithing. You said you should always tithe your church. Here's what happened to me: I got disenchanted with the Church per se when the last 4 churches I attended all opened the door to the Devil. I still go to different churches every Sunday now, but I started my owm ministry/church (it is different from traditional church), so I tithe to it now. I do not tithe at the churches I visit (except maybe a dollar or two). What do you think about this?

Hi Barney

I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you.  There is a lot in your little post that I could respond to.  I will keep it to the tithing issue.

1.  Tithing is not giving... it is giving a specific amount... 10%.  So do not say you tithed only a dollar if you made more than 10 dollars that week,... because then it is not tithing...
2.  However you shake it... the Bible commands us to give the tithe to the Lord's House.

Malachi 3:10 (AV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

3.  So where is the Lord's house on this side of Calvary?  Paul tells us that the Church is the Lord's House.

1 Timothy 3:15 (AV)
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

4.  You can put your boots in the oven but that dont make them biscuits.  You can say you have a self proclaimed ministry but that doesn't make it a church.  

5.  I think that the biggest thing you must examine is the probability that perhaps it is not the devil in the many churches you keep trying .... but your inability to submit to spiritual authority that is not your own?  I am not saying this is the case... but I believe you should pray about this.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God- Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a literal, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for over 20 years. During that time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, church planter, and senior pastor. Currently I serve as senior pastr of a Baptist Church in New England.

Evangelical Baptist Church

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College of Clarks Summit, PA