Protestantism/General

Question
Mr. Chartier, why do you bracket some words in the scriptures you post in response to questions?

Answer
Hello Phil,

Generally my Scripture quotations are copied directly from an online KJV, where the brackets are already in place; I simply don't remove them. If you look up the references in a printed Bible, you'll find that the words I have in brackets are italicized. What this indicates is that the word was inserted by translators and did not appear in the original Greek or Hebrew text. Generally these are words that were added to make the grammar flow more smoothly in English, but sometimes the helpful additions are not so helpful. In any event, that's what brackets (or italics) indicates in Bible verses.

Thanks for writing,

- Lucan Chartier
www.csda-adventistchurch.to

Protestantism

Lucan Chartier