Hello Don, I am a Presbyterian pastor with some 34 years of wonderful, productive ministry.  I have recently faced the startling prospect that in about 2 years I will be out, retired.  I had thought that even in retirement I would continue on preaching and teaching but this is not as easy to do today as it was 10 years ago.
   A very frightening realization is that my wife and I have no direction of where to go.  We know we must leave this area we have lived in for almost 30 years because we don't want to hinder the next pastor. All of our friends and contacts are here but I am sure everything will end suddenly when we have to move.   We have two boys in professions in Wash, DC and in Phil. but they are busy with their lives and we cannot afford to buy a house there.  I know the Lord has always led us to be where we are and will continue but we are totally stymied as to any kind of planning of choosing where to go and don't want to wait till the last minute.  Do you have any guidance?

Pastor Don, thank you for writing. I need a little more information. Can you tell me what city and state you live in? This will helpful. When you respond back hit the private button so I can respond to you in private.

Rev. Dr Don Howe, RN PhD, ThD

Dr Don Howe

I welcome questions dealing with general protestant theological issues, church history, relationship issues, church/state issues, general questions about religions that hurt, spiritual abuse caused by authority figures in relidion, prophecy questions, end time events, medical/ethical questions and their religious implications, and addictions. If I do not know the answer, I will research the question for you til I find it.

I have over 27 years of experience in doing ministry as a bivocational minister. I do volunteer ministry in nonprofit organizations that can not afford to pay anything. I have over 40 years of experience working in the psychiatric/mental health field dealig with yout, mentally ill, emergency room violence, and dealing with a large amount of substance abuse. I have worked in emergency room dealing with domestic violence. I am presently doing volunteer work as a chaplain for domestic violence ministry. I work full time as a Profesional nurse in a large county jail system.

American Association of Christian Counselors, Baptist Nursing Fellowship, Nurses Christian Fellowship, Therapon Institute, Victim Relief Chaplain & Counselor Association, International Board of Christian Counselors, American Society of Christian Therapists.

PhD, Therapon University, USVI 12/07 in Biblical Counselor. DCC Southwest Bible College & Seminary, Jenning, LA 04/05 in Christian Psychology. DMin Slidell Baptist Seminary 01/05 Slidell, LA. ThD Slidell Baptist Seminary Slidell, LA 02/04 Slidell, LA. D.D. Slidell Baptist Seminary, Slidell, LA 07/03. Tyndale Seminary, Ft Worth, Tx 2001-2003, BSN UTA Arlington, TX 05/93. ADN, Midwestern State Univ., Wichita Falls, Tx 5/77.

Board Certified Christian Counselor by International Board of Christian Counselors, Issued 01/24/06.