Protestantism/About Animals and the Afterlife

I know that "the spirit of the animal...goes down to the earth" (Ecc. 3:21, NKJV) for at least a time. The Resurrection of the Dead would bring back those animals, I assume. However, what happens to animals who were used to do wicked deeds—such as the dogs owned by Southerners who would kidnap and re-enslave African-American slaves and the dogs owned by Nazis? I've always wondered about that and have never had the courage to ask.

Nicole, thanks for your question. I hope your day and night has been wonderful, especially since we're in probably the most Christian time of the year: Thanksgiving, followed shortly by Christmas.
Now, to your question, and this is truly a good one as people have always wondered about animals in heaven, especially their own loved ones. I suspect bible experts as well as novice ones alike are still scratching their head about  the answer to this one. I think the reason is Nicole,  that the Bible isn't clear on it. Your verse you quoted also is a little unclear, but I applaud you for bringing it up, as very few quote that one.
Your comment about wicked dogs is interesting, as we do find "loveable" dogs and ones who are not so much.Dogs are my favorite of all animals,and I suspect they are yours. I don't think that the personality (and deeds)of the dog determines their afterlife though (even if there is one). I really believe humans are God's special "creature", and He will judge them much differently than other creatures. In fact, I don't think He will judge anyone else.
My suggestion Nicole is for you not to fret about this, as we really don't know. There's so much we don't know about heaven (and the afterlife), so why worry about it. There is a possibilty that we will have our favorite pet with us in heaven though, as I believe it will be the most beautiful place in the world ( and beyond,so to speak) to us, and IF one of the most beautiful things to us has been our relationship with our pets, then MAYBE.... I'm sorry if I haven't been clear on this one Nicole, but I truly don't know this answer. If you have any more questions though, don't hesitate to ask.  

Barney McNeill

I can answer questions about the Bible and Christianity, especially as it pertains to evangelical Bible Belt Protestantism. I listen very well to God to give me discernment. I will not be able to answer questions along the lines of pre-tribulation, mid and post, and questions the like about Calvinism and the Reformation. Those are not questions that particularly interest me. I will be different in that I will be coming straight from the Bible Belt, an area many think is the strongest area of Christianity in America.I will answer very quickly when I am available, and it probably will be short and to the point. I will seek to find answers outside my discernment when it is found necessary.

You will be conversing with a fairly new Christian, as I've been saved for only 14 years, although I am a senior citizen. Let's just say Leviticus 25 and the Jubilee was very real to me! My jubilee has continued ever since that time. I have studied the Bible extensively for the last 14 years.I have been outreach director, Sunday school teacher, started a singing ministry at nursing homes, housing projects, etc., and I am the only distibutor of a Christian-based free publication in my city. I have been doing this for the past 12 years.I also have had 8 years experience of being on Christian radio.

I currently am the founder of a local Christian Alliance that seeks to stand up about our losing our Christian values, and to spread God's message in these last days before it's too late. This organization is for those looking for a non-traditional church experience, but also solicits church members from all evangelical churches to work together to see these goals come to fruition. I have been doing this for the past 10 years.

BS degree. I have completed several Bible-based courses such as Experiencing God and Celebrate Recovery, which is Rick Warren's 12 step Christian ministry.

I am a volunteer chaplain at a local hospital. I am finishing up my 2nd year. I see about 15 patients every week.