Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Unhealthy Pet Obsession

let-the-dogs-out wrote at 2011-08-18 19:33:05
Exactly like my parents, my sister and mother in law. All of them divorced and acting exactly like yours. Yes it is sick. I am also trying to find more about this topic. I think they want to feel loved & recognized and as they do not manage to get that with humans, they get obsessed with their pets.  

rizingstarz wrote at 2014-03-10 15:18:58
Pet obsession is especially bad when it interferes with existing relationships. This can include sleeping with an animal instead of a spouse. Intimate activities such as going to the bathroom, bathing, even maturbating in close proximity to the animal begins to look like the person is seeing themselves as animals more than the opposite. I think there are more instances where this has led to infidelities and divorce than is being reported.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.