Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Hallucinations.

Question
Hi. I was wondering if could ask a few questions about hallucinations. First, what are the causes of hallucinations? For the past few weeks, I experienced visual and auditory hallucinations, and I'm wondering if it is because of stress? Second, how to treat hallucinations? And third, what's the difference between hallucinations and paranormal stuff? That's all, I hope you can answer my questions. Thank you.

Answer
Hello,
The causes of hallucinations could be neurological or psychological. In this case you have to consult a neurologist and after that, if he recommend a psychiatrist.
The hallucinations could be a secondary effect in some disease, in some particular situation  but will be very good if you go to a specialist.

I think that hallucinations are more tryingly than paranormal stuff(to see visions). The hallucinations are present usually in affections.

All the best,
Anca Gurza

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Gurza Anca