Psychiatry & Psychology--General/interaction

Question
Hi doctor I'm currently on 25mg paxil CR for treatment of panic disorder, the aropax works weLl but it gives me insomnia even though I take it at Midday. I have a history of allergies so at times I need an anti histamine my physician recommends me taking the 1st generation anti histamines as it would help with my sleep problem and take care of any night time allergies I've tried most of them such as atarax etc (they made me very tired the next day) I'm told to try phenergen its old but I'm feeling very much drowsy now as its night time here the only problem is most litreature has a contradiction for the usage of phenergen and paxil CR can you please advise? Secondsly I used to be on inhaled fluticasone propionate, my doctoe now wants me to use seretied its has a steroid and a long acting bronco dialated, I feel anxious on it sometimes and I get up in a shock while I'm asleep what's your advice?

Answer
"...most literature has a contradiction for the usage of phenergen and paxil CR can you please advise? No, these are fine together at typical dosages.

"Secondly I used to be on inhaled fluticasone propionate, my doctoe now wants me to use seretied its has a steroid and a long acting bronco dialated, I feel anxious on it sometimes and I get up in a shock while I'm asleep what's your advice?"  You need to tell this to your doctor and see if there is another medication you can use.  Yes, this can be a side effect of the medication, but you cannot stop this medication without your doctor's advice.  The side effect is annoying, but not dangerous.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.