Psychiatry & Psychology--General/red flag?

Question
A woman I know, 60 years old, who other than having been married twice (many years combined) and had several relationships, says she has never been without a boyfriend or without a man for more than 10 months in her adult life. Is this a red flag for psychological issues, and if so, what?  Thanks

Answer
Lee

This is too little information in an already very limited forum, but if that is the only datum associated with someone you care deeply about i would tell you to regard it as totally insignificant.

Human beings are social animals, we always do better in happy relationships than by ourselves, even if those relationships turn out to be transitory...hardly an indictment of anything but fate, since whether we like it or not all of life is transitory.

So, no red flag, and good luck!

Best,

Dr. Elmore  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Andrew M. Elmore, Ph.D.