Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Bf with depression it's killing our relationship

I have been with my Bf for eight months now. In the start things were good between us, apart from one thing the sex we have only had sex 3 times in 8 months and that was all in the 3rd week of our relationship. He has suffered quite a traumatic period over the last few years, parents passing away within 3 months of each other and his daughter being born 3 months early and being seriously ill. This was also followed by a bitter divorce battle. All of these issues bought on his depression. He sees his doctor and is on medication which he doesn't always take. I do love him so much and I would do anything for him. I am in the process of moving in with him. Leaving my very good job for one closer to him and I am also leaving my 2 girls to live with my mum and dad. Recently he has started to blame me for everything that has or is going wrong in his life. I try and stand by him to the fact that I just take the abuse and say nothing. It's got to the point now that it is getting me down and I am secretly in tears most of the time . He doesn't even notice I've been crying. My parents want me to come back home and get myself back up on my feet again. Part of me wants to but the biggest part of me wants to stay and battle through this with him. I'm at my wits end and getting very down about it all. I hope you can give me some words of advice. Thanks

Your bf is not likely to change without help from a professional therapist. He is perhaps grieving and stressed by the situation you describe. I suggest you have a conversation with him about what you wrote and see if he can respond in a healthy supportive way.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel Keeran

I am able to answer questions about relationships, parent, child, self-help, marriage, counseling, depression, sexual abuse, rape trauma, bereavement, grief, death of loved one, child abduction, conflict at work, separation, divorce, break-up, fear of remaining single, infertility, childlessness, anger management, verbal abuse, family violence, repeating unhealthy relationships, substance abuse, addiction, childhood abuse, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, loneliness, co-dependency, porn addiction, religious alienation, bi-polar disorder, homelessness, anti-social personality, foster care, borderline personality disorder, psychology, mental health, counseling skills, adoption, bankruptcy, insomnia, agoraphobia, social anxiety FREE PDF DOWNLOAD "Counseling In A Book"

I have been a counselor for over 30 years in private practice and hospital settings. For deeper understanding and healing childhood experiences affecting adult life and relationships with self and others see the reader-friendly source

College of Professional Counseling and Therapy at

author, "Effective Counseling Skills" at and "Loss and Grief Counseling Skills" at

MSW in psychiatric clinical social work