Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Dopamine levels, psychosis?

Question
Hello! I've read on the internet that raised or high dopamine levels are associated with psychosis and schizophrenia? I've also found out that magnesium-supplements raise dopamine levels and so does many natural supplements for sexual problems e.g. panax ginseng. So if I use these, is there a possibility that my dopamine-levels might increase too much and I could start to get psychotic symptoms like hallucinations or develop a psychosis? Is it that the lower your dopamine levels the better or am I mistaken?

Answer
"I've also found out that magnesium-supplements raise dopamine levels and so does many natural supplements for sexual problems e.g. panax ginseng."  Dopamine in the brain is all that counts; these drugs do not do that. Low dopamine levels result in Parkinson's disease.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.