Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Post-marijuana feelings?

Question
Hi, I'm 25 years old and I used to smoke weed a lot when I was in my 20's but I had to stop smoking about 2-3 years ago 'cause I started having panic attacks, anxiety, ocd, fear of going insane etc.
 Nowadays I have smoked a couple of times this year and the last time was last weekend when I drinked and smoked three days straight. The last day I got a really bad panick attack when I was high and it scared the shit out of me.
 After that I have had this fear that I'm going to go insane and develop schizophrenia etc. and I'm afraid that I start to hallucinate and lose the touch to reality. I have been also feeling kinda weird after this weekend, it's like I'm experiencing some kind of derealization or maybe I'm just constantly panicking or something.
 So does it sound like I'm going insane or developing a psychosis or schizophrenia? Or is this just me obsessing? Does this odd feeling (derealization?) go away?

PS. About a week ago I started to eat saffron-extract capsules  'cause I saw that they might help for post-ssri sexual dysfunction. I found out that these also raise serotonin and dopamine levels and I think theres been some research for using these as antidepressants. But I read on the internet that schizophrenia is associated with raised dopamine levels, so can using this capsules raise my dopamine levels so much that I develop schizophrenia or psychosis? Is this possible?? Could using these have something to do with my mood now?? Should I stop using these?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Answer
None of your actions will cause schizophrenia.  Schizophrenia is a genetic disease; you either have it or you don't -- and if you have it, it can be treated.  However, nothing of what you describe suggests schizophrenia.

Now, you clearly have a Panic disorder program, and should avoid ALL substances as a first step in avoiding more panic attacks: MJ, alcohol, caffeine, etc.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.