Psychiatry & Psychology--General/pressuring someone with anxiety

Question
QUESTION: Hello: how 'good' is it to pressure someone to do something like move across the country all alone, instilling fears in them because the person on the other end is going to die, rushing them, because someone i know is very impatient and has a bad temper, when this person suffers from anxiety? The father is not helping very much financially either, very minimally, promises to help but is reluctant to give them a lot of money. I know this sounds like i am criticizing but i am only wondering. I just wonder about the capacity these people have, both of them, it just isn't working. how bad/good is it to do?

thanks

ANSWER: People need to make their own decisions about their own lives and should not make decisions when pressured by others.  

QUESTION: hi: this person their daughter is suffering from PTSD and anxiety from that, i mean fears. The answer may look obvious don't do it, but how bad is it to do this? I am a concerned relative.

thanks

p.s.

Answer
First, you take care of yourself.  If you have the time, finances, health, etc., to help, then of course you help.  If not (which seemed to be the premise of the original question, since "pressure" in involved -- which implies you do NOT have the time, finances, health, etc., to help), then you decline.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.