Psychiatry & Psychology--General/remeron

my doctor requested me to use remeron as sleep aid.i read the manufactures warning said remeron can increase triglisterides up to said it can increase colesterial by 15%is it reversible is Elavil better way to go

Elavil also has side effect (sleepiness, constipation, dry mouth, weight gain).  The side effect you mention from Remeron is rare.  I would stick with Remeron. I have not used Elavil in years because of the side effects the patients bitterly complain of.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.