Psychiatry & Psychology--General/relationships

Question
Hello. Me and my boyfriend have been together for two years and we have a baby together. One day out of nowhere he left me, for three months. Would ignore me and be mean. He got with another girl and got her pregnant. Then he finally came back to me. A month later I find out he's been cheating on me, he finally admitted after denying it. Cheated with the girl he got pregnant. He begged me not to leave him so I gave him another chance..right when I did that he said he can't do this its too stressful what he has done to me and he doesn't wanna hurt me again and that it will be the best for me not him. Is this just an excuse to make himself not look like he's just up and leaving again?

Answer
Hello Natasha,

I am sorry that you had to experience this kind of situation.
I don't want to interpret your boyfriend behavior because, as you said, whatever the reasons, he decided to leave you and your baby again and that's a fact.
I am more interested about the way you manage to accept the situation and move on or fight for this relationship. Maybe there are some questions you have to address yourself: Do you love him?, Is he the man that you want for the rest of your life?, Is his behavior adequate and mature in your opinion?, Are you content about your past relationship with him? and so on.
My suggestion is to discuss this with a psychologist/counselor from your area in order to find a way through this kind of situation because the most important thing is, in my opinion, to have a happy and fulfilling life for you and your baby, with or without your former partner.

I wish you all the best,
Ileana

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Ileana Truica