Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Wellbutrin and anxiety

I had been on effexor for a while but couldn't handle the weight gain.  Now I'm on wellbutrin sr 150mg and my binge eating is under control but I have extreme moods swings/hostile outbursts towards my kids and husband.  I snap at everyone for the smallest things, and it's destroying my relationships.  Our family life is extremely stressful as we have kids with ADHD, anxiety and I'm a stay-at-home mom so they are demanding my attention 24/7.  My question is: will the hostility pass or do i need meds for anxiety as well?  I only started wellbutrin 5 weeks ago, my diagnosis is Clinical Depression, ADD and General Anxiety.
Thank you"

Hi, Gabi, I cannot answer any questions about meds. That's not only outside of my license, but should only be done by an MD who sees you in person. In terms of your feelings of anger and your hostile behavior, that is something that is typically handled by psychotherapy. You don't mention that you are seeing a therapist, so I assume that you are not. Since you have a history of eating disorder, I would suggest therapy as well. Sometimes a behavioral problem can surface as a different symptom, when the original problem is "under control".

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.

any related to psychology, especially related to forensic psychology

15 years as a licensed psychologist, 15 years in private practice. My practice began primarily doing individual and group psychotherapy, is now devoted to assessments, but I occasionally do take on clients in therapy.

American Psychological Association

B.A. psychology, B.A., music, Ohio Wesleyan U., 1978 MCS, computer science, University of Dayton, 1984 MA, psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1991 Psy.D., psychology, Miami Inst. of Psychology, 1993 post doctoral training in Neuropsychology, Fielding Institute, 1995-1997