Psychiatry & Psychology--General/stuff

in  our  previous-mail you stated the combition of xanax and remeron presents no problem.i always use 2 mg of xanax.on occasional i take xanax and lunesta.however i have just read many articles that state long term lunesta causes cognitive effects and dementia.should i stick with the xanax and remeron/or is lunesta and remeron a better fit/thanks

If you read an article that says that Lunestra causes dementia, then it is from a non-scientific publication and you should avoid all articles from that source.  There is absolutely no evidence that any medications cause dementia, so that source is simply lying. I have no idea what you are reading and where you are getting all this false information. My suggestion is that you get information in the future only from a physician. Your resources are obviously nonsense.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.