Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Should I see a specialist??

Question
I'm 20 and I'm Really concerned about my feelings that have been really off and on. I'm not sure what's going on but It's effecting me greatly. This is kind of irritating me and I'm not sure how to handle it.

For some reason I keep having this internal NEED to be moving really fast and school is making me incredibly impatient. I keep shaking and I'm getting really nervous in school and incredibly irritable. Suddenly I really don't care about what other people think of me and I'm really talking out. I have started cutting again just because. I don't even know why. It just feels good i suppose. I also am getting really jumpy and paranoid about things around me.

As I'm talking right now I'm really shaky because I'm struggling to hold still. I don't know why this is suddenly happening but I want it to stop. The bad stuff anyway. I love feeling this good though and being able to say what's really on my mind.

I keep hearing weird things at night I think is due to my paranoia but I'm not really sure. Like the other night I was SURE someone or something was walking around my house moving things around. I try hard to make myself aware that its not real but i believe in spirits and i just happen to have one in my house so its hard. Sometimes my mind twists other sounds like the gurgling of my fish tank and completely twists it into something else and its terrifying. It takes me a wile to realize I'm making up the sounds but i eventually do find out.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this ether but i have noticed i have been pacing a lot too. its like i cant think unless i do and when i sit i cant get comfortable and no matter what i do I'm extremely bored. EXTREMELY bored. I don't even know what to do. like no matter what i do its just not good enough and normal projects aren't fun anymore. they aren't thrilling or something and I'm getting confused and extremely frustrated.

Any suggestions?? I just need some advice really bad. I feel lost and i don't want to tell anyone else. Do I need to go see someone? If there are any questions or additional info please ask. Thank you!

Answer
Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry that my answer come so late and thank you for you choose to share these feelings with me. How you already realized you may choose to go to psychiatrist because he/she will help you with all these. I recommend also to go to a psychotherapist to better understanding of what happens to you.
Unfortunately, on this website we can't do psychotherapy because these type of intervention is better to be done in direct contact.

I hope you will go to a doctor because your life will change after you get some help with these difficulties.

Good luck,
Anca Gurza

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Gurza Anca