Psychiatry & Psychology--General/withdrawal

Question
Dear doc

I've messaged you before I'm 26 male I've been on paxil cr 25 for 2 years my specialist at my request taking into account all factors decided to cut it to 12.5 I got withdrawal immediatly nausea,lightheaded,headache,eletric like shock.

Its been close to 2 months and I still have some of these symptoms but to a lesser degree, I also seem to have a lot of joint pain

The good news is I have less gastrointestinal problems and I sleep better.

My question is as I fall of to sleep I am sometimes startled by these electric shocks what is that?

My 2nd question can withdrawal last so long?

My third question as I've mentioned I am involved in sports and training is it possible the paxil suppressed some of the muscular and joint pain associated with training and now that I am at a lower dose pain is more pronounced?

Your input is gladly appreciated

Answer
My question is as I fall of to sleep I am sometimes startled by these electric shocks; what is that? Still some withdrawal reactions; the nerves are still adjusting

My 2nd question can withdrawal last so long? Yes

My third question as I've mentioned I am involved in sports and training is it possible the paxil suppressed some of the muscular and joint pain associated with training and now that I am at a lower dose pain is more pronounced? Yes

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.