Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Not being able to sleep only at night

Question
Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

I am 30, female, mother of one.

For some days I am not being able to sleep at night. However, if I try, I can sleep in the afternoon. I get a good sleep. Normally in the afternoons I feel sleepy.

I tried avoiding sleeping in the afternoon so that I can save some sleep for the night. But that did not work. I am just not being able to sleep at night till 4 to 5 o'clock in the morning.

I went to the doctor got some tests, everything appears to be in place. They prescribed anti-depressants. I took the medicine at bedtime, it works. But the 10 days course is over now, and I am sleepless again.

Can this problem be psychological? I am looking for a permanent solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Elisabeth

Answer
Hello,

How you describe the situation I think is psychological and it is important to go to a psychologist because , general speaking, the pills don't answer the question you may have.

Maybe you passing a difficult period and you better talk to somebody specialized.

Good luck.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Gurza Anca