Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Not being able to sleep

Thanks for taking time to answer my question.

I am 30, female, mother of one.

For some days I am not being able to sleep at night. However, if I try, I can sleep in the afternoon. I get a good sleep. Normally in the afternoons I feel sleepy.

I tried avoiding sleeping in the afternoon so that I can save some sleep for the night. But that did not work. I am just not being able to sleep at night till 4 to 5 o'clock in the morning.

I went to the doctor got some tests, everything appears to be in place. They prescribed anti-depressants. I took the medicine at bedtime, it works. But the 10 days course is over now, and I am sleepless again.

Can this problem be psychological? I am looking for a permanent solution to this problem.

You may be experiencing above average anxiety that keeps you awake. To get more understanding of possible psychological factors complete and send the Life Story Questionnaire at Please put "AllExperts" in the first blank (no charge).

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel Keeran

I am able to answer questions about relationships, parent, child, self-help, marriage, counseling, depression, sexual abuse, rape trauma, bereavement, grief, death of loved one, child abduction, conflict at work, separation, divorce, break-up, fear of remaining single, infertility, childlessness, anger management, verbal abuse, family violence, repeating unhealthy relationships, substance abuse, addiction, childhood abuse, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, loneliness, co-dependency, porn addiction, religious alienation, bi-polar disorder, homelessness, anti-social personality, foster care, borderline personality disorder, psychology, mental health, counseling skills, adoption, bankruptcy, insomnia, agoraphobia, social anxiety FREE PDF DOWNLOAD "Counseling In A Book"

I have been a counselor for over 30 years in private practice and hospital settings. For deeper understanding and healing childhood experiences affecting adult life and relationships with self and others see the reader-friendly source

College of Professional Counseling and Therapy at

author, "Effective Counseling Skills" at and "Loss and Grief Counseling Skills" at

MSW in psychiatric clinical social work