Psychiatry & Psychology--General/help

Question
Dear doc recently I've had a relapse of my panic and anxiety

My doctor is very helpful he's told me to accept things and to stop questioning things

When I got the relapse, I started having irregular beats while having my recent panic attacks and times of anxiety. In your experience is this normal? If so can you explain why it is normal

2ndly my doctor put me on XANOR SR 0.5mg it works better for me that rivotril he's also upped my PAXIL CR from 12.5 to 25. Though I'm dissapointed my main fear is surrounded by my heart symptoms I don't mind getting a panic attack I mean I can deal but I lose all control when the irregular beats starts during the panic attack will a beta blocker be the appropriate med in my case? What's your thoughts?

Answer
When I got the relapse, I started having irregular beats while having my recent panic attacks and times of anxiety. In your experience is this normal? This experience happens with panic.

If so can you explain why it happens?  The system is flooded with adrenaline from the panic attack.

Beta blockers are not the first line of treatment here.  There is nothing wrong with your heart, after all.  It is effect by the adrenaline.  Both other medications you have been given help to control the adrenaline.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.