Psychiatry & Psychology--General/help please yes

Question
QUESTION: dear friend:
I am suffering a fourth episode of depression because I had a girlfriend and then I suspected she was pulling my leg. I quit her and abandon her. I am consulting a psychiatrist and taking 5 different medicines for my depression. I am seriously thinking about call her up and ask to be friend again in order to cure this enormous depression.
What do you think?

ANSWER: Auraxali

I do not know if this is a serious question, but there is not nearly enough information for me to provide you with any sort of useful professional advice.

If you had a depression caused by this girlfriend, which is probably not correct, and you broke up with her because of the relationship causing you to be depressed, why would you think that reuniting with her would make you feel better?

Also I have no idea what you mean by "pulling my leg."

Dr. Elmore

QUESTION: tha depression came when I left her. She pulling my leg was an erroneous interpretation of me.

ANSWER: your

Thank you for clarifying you, relationship issue,

You cannot treat the people you say you love so casually.  People are not objects to experiment with as to how they affect your feelings as if they had no right to their own.

If this woman is important to you you would be better served to call her up and tell her that and ask her to forgive you for attempting to blame your depression on her.  Tell her that you realize that you made big mistake, then see how she responds.

If she is angry with you, you must respect her feelings and let her take as much time as she requires to decide whether or not to resume a relationship with her.  If she is willing to take you back just because you ask her then you must endeavor to treat her better than you did before.

Good loving relationships are of great value in treating depression but they are only as good as the effort that you put into them.  Depression can regress a person and make them act more selfishly than they should ... that can happen to any of us.  Just make sure that you attempt to guard against this in the future, particularly when dealing with the people that you hold most dear.

Best regards,

Dr. Elmore

QUESTION: my dear friend what so good your answer is.
I am married with two children. She lives 500 km from me. I just kissed once but it was enough to fall in love with her. I am thinking in sending her a gift and ask her to forgive me. Do you think that if she is my friend back I will not have to spent more money with psychiatrits and medicines? I mean the depression will desapair?
Thank you fron Caracas.

Answer
I do not believe that taking up with your girlfriend again when you are also married with two children is going to relieve your depression.  You may be in love with another woman but a long distance affair will create as many problems for you as it will solve at the very best.

Significant depression is usually not simply a reaction to a particular set of circumstances, but more likely due to personal psychological factors or to endogenous biochemistry.

Best,

Dr. Elmore  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Andrew M. Elmore, Ph.D.