Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Inappropriate sexual language by father

Question
Hi Gurza, I hope you can help me shed light on this issue.
We are 4 siblings- a daughter and 3 sons, all in our 20s-30s now. My father has always had no boundaries as far as his choice of conversations with us since we were children. He likes talking about sex, either in details (your step mom just gave me a blow job; your brother has a huge penis); questions - are you going to get some on now?; or just hit on any waitress, flirt with every woman, cheat on his girlfriends and give us the scoop, etc. I've always brushed it off as him being a bit of a perv or "dirty old man", and him trying to be "cool" around us. Its worse for my brothers the conversations... we've always been embarrassed by his behavior and asked for him to stop. He wouldn't. I recently spoke with one of my brothers and he reminded me that my father would force us to kiss him (a greeting/peck) on the lips, around ages 12 we all put stops to this and offer a hug or cheek, he would try and convince otherwise. A few years ago I told him I only kiss my husband on the lips- not my father. My brother also mentioned that my father would play a game in the pool with them where he would insert his thumb in their anus and laugh. They would object and try to get away. He also would shower with me till I was so embarrassed and put an end to it around age 11 when I started developing. I remember when my brother was 4 my father would be amused from my brother lying on my stepmother and hold her boobs. My father encouraged this. Till this day he walks around naked in front of my brothers. When I asked him about his loose behavior he explained that my grandparents were very strict and old fashioned and he wasn't. My questions are - is this considered sexual abuse or just inappropriate parental behavior? And what would be the term to describe my father's disorder? I feel I might be excusing him and brushing off his behavior when maybe there is something more serious here. I have 2 young boys and am very concerned, Thanks you for your time.

Answer
Hello,

I think this is sexual abuse because your father behavior is inappropriate to his children. I recommend to avoid to let your children with him alone because you don't know how much his behavior will affect them. I can't put a diagnostic based on you were writing but seems to me he has some sexual perversion, he may be called  abusive man.
I hope my answer will help you.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Gurza Anca