Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Book

Question
Are you familar with Dr. David Burns' "Intimate Connections?" I started reading it, and although much of it seems to make very good sense it seems like it gives too much light to gimics. Like a person should wear the latest fashion in order to be noticed. Before that particular chapter it focused on changing the person on the inside, but why should someone need to change their clothes or practice flirting and other things like that?

Answer
Sorry, James, no.

From the title and your comments, this type of book makes me think of the financial advisor who wrote two books or sent out two pieces of advice (the story varies). One said the market was about to fall, the other that it was on its way up. When confronted, he said, "I only need half the people to believe that I know what I'm talking about."

Besides, chances are the book was ghost-written by anyone from a student to an advice columnist, paid by the person with a good cover photo and impressive credentials. I'm glad you're skeptical.

Alan

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Alan Auerbach