Psychiatry & Psychology--General/MALADAPTIVE Daydreaming

Question
I have maladaptive daydreaming. I'm not sure if you know about this since it's not well known. It took me a lot of guts to search about my problem which may or may not exist. I really didn't believe that my daydreaming is a bad thing..until I realized that people may be noticing me. You see, sometimes..well OFTEN, I act out my daydreams. I looked it up and BAM! It hurts to know that I have something like schizophrenia. But it's not THAT severe.
Yes, I act out my daydreams. I create sudden verbal/facial expressions in public. I stop in mid-reality and daydream. I don't create special friends/characters, just situations that centers in on me. Ugh. I realize that I'm wasting my time daydreaming.  I realized that my reality is not as great as to what i thought it was because i keep running away from it by daydreaming. I can still differentiate what's real and what's not.  I feel like I'm getting consumed by something that I don't want to be..and that makes me insane.
A few articles suggests to divert my habit to writing/painting etc. But i can't afford the time for that. I try to keep the factors that triggers it at bay(like too much music or anything that triggers memories and emotions..which is almost everything) I'm trying hard to get a grip, but sometimes, it's too much to bear knowing that i'm my own patient and doctor.
And here's another thing: i have depression..or HAD. I'm not sure what to call it, i'm okay at the moment but i'm afraid that when i get too mentally, psychologically and emotionally stressed again, i get depression. Which lasts for months.
What i'm more worried about is the MD(maladaptive daydreaming), because unlike depression, MD is not something easy to talk about without people looking at you weird for having delusions. I can't bring myself to open this to my friends/family. This MD embarrasses and scares me.
Help me please. Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

In yourcase I recommend you to see a specialist, a psychiatrist to find more about the way to can control this things.
Don't be scare because I'm sure it is a solution for this, important thing is to have trust in specialist and speciallyin you.

Good luck,

Anca GURZA

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Gurza Anca