Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Psychosis etc...

Question
Hi! I'm 25 year old male. I have this ongoing anxiety that I'm going to go insane (psychosis, schizophrenia etc.), that I'm going to lost the sense of reality or something like that. This started about 3-4 years ago when I used to smoke cannabis alot. And it has persisted ever since at some degree... depending on the situation I'm in.
Now I smoked a joint in the weekend first time in maybe 3 years and the anxiety got worse almost to a level that it was 3 years ago. Is it possible that I could go insane or to a psychosis and still realize it or fear that it has happened? Or is this just me obsessing?
I have to add that I have had ocd from maybe teenage and I have thought that maybe all this fear of insanity is just ocd? What do you think? So can I have a psychosis or schizophrenia or is it just ocd/anxiety?

Thanks and sorry for the unclear description.

Answer
Assuming the joint contains no additives (you are getting this from a government approved site, correct?), you will not go insane.  (Of course, if you are buying it on the street, no guarantees.)

Otherwise this is mainly obsessive thoughts, and you should start to see a counselor over this before your anxiety become incapacitating.  

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.