Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Is this illegal in your field?

Question
QUESTION: I have a question for you.  First off, I know my self very well, and know for a fact I am not mentally ill.  I also know I am not delusional, schizophrenic, Bi-polar, or any of the above.  
I have a guy who began attacking me severely in Washington, D.C.  his attacks have been constant, verbal, and from time 2 time even he gets physical.  This took place both on and off my job.  
When the person/persons are confronted about the attacks, they insist on denying the assaults and attacks, as well as repeatedly insist I am mentally ill, bi-polar, skitzo, delusional, and exc.  They insist the attack I described did not take place at all, and I have a mental problem.  This has been going on for quite some time.  I was even committed into an institution via a judge's order on at least one occasion from this and multiple attempts to do so again have followed.  
EXCEPT ONE MAJOR PROBLEM?  I'VE RECORDED THESE ATTACKS WITH A VIDEO AND TAPE RECORDER.  IS THE INSISTING THESE ATTACKS ARE NOT REAL BEHIND PSYCHIATRISTS LEGAL?

ANSWER: Hi, Andrew, thanks for your question. You asked " IS THE INSISTING THESE ATTACKS ARE NOT REAL BEHIND PSYCHIATRISTS LEGAL?"

As you may know, there are many kinds of laws - therefore, someone's actions may violate any number of these laws. There are criminal laws - like murder. The state or federal prosecutor determines whether the charge someone with a crime, and the judge imposes the penalty if found guilty.

Professionals are also regulated by licensing laws and various other state and federal laws. Mostly these are prosecuted by a state licensing board, and they impose a penalty if found guilty.

A professional can also be found liable by a jury in a civil case, for various kinds of malpractice. You would have to get an attorney, almost always, because the rules are very arcane, and depend on case law.

Professionals also usually belong to a professional association, and they can be found to have violated the associations ethics codes.

There are various kinds of defenses. One defense that might apply in your case is called judicial immunity. If a professional is court ordered to evaluate you, some of their actions might be protected. Others might not, such as violations of ethics or licensing law, or criminal behavior.

BTW, I know that professionals can and do make mistakes. I had a case a while back where the person complained about their ex-spouse quite loudly. They were civilly committed by one doctor, and another doctor tried to have their rights taken away permanently. There was nothing wrong with them.

QUESTION: What if it is court ordered?  I am finding most of the guys who are attacking are on prescription meds from different Dr's, and are actually selling the drugs on the streets, such as Percasets, and more.  
I most certainty understand a Judge's immunity, however, I also understand that NO U.S. Govt official is to be immune from slander/liable.  

By them insisting I'm mentally ill, and me having the recordings of the attacks to prove I'm not, isn't that slander?  
The main problem here is that the situation I speak of is becoming pretty constant.  I am constantly recording it, but it is constantly reoccurring. I suspect malpractice, and abuse in the field among a group of DR's that belong to a group or network.  I also suspect Schoden/Freude theory on pleasure from inflicting missery, and or also sadism.  I have no doubt child pornographic material is involved and I am definitely concerned.  I have a very long story behind all this, and it is honestly very crazy.  I'm just very glad I've been running a tape recording/recorder to show each attack was real.

Answer
Hi, Andrew. I can only give you very general information. I am not a lawyer. Whether your specific situation is prosecutable, is something only an attorney could give you. You could hire me to review any previous or current reports, and I could point out the weaknesses and/or work with your attorney to debunk their conclusions.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.