Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Thoughts

Question
Hello I always worry about every little thing and paranoid. For instance, recently I had a conversation with my mom and I question some religious beliefs she has. Now I'm worried God will get revenge on me for being skeptical and punish me some way for it. Another instance is I can be watching a documentary about conspiracy theories, and I'll worry if the government is upset that I'm watching these documentaries and worried if they'll try to do something to me for watching them. I know you can't diagnose me with just saying this, but for what I have told you what do you think most likely this is, mental illness wise? Thank you for your time.

Answer
It is most likely an obsessive compulsive disorder, what would be called purely obsessional -- the thoughts are obsessions, the actions (like constantly washing hands) are the compulsions.  Sometimes people have only one or the other, although most people have both.  

You should see a psychotherapist familiar with this who could teach you some thought blocking techniques to help with this.

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.