Psychiatry & Psychology--General/Loss of interest in life

hello wrote at 2014-03-06 15:39:07
Hi! I am not a medical expert however i experience some stress due to my physical problems, so i think i can understand what you may be going though.

Please don't be sad or nervous because it's of no help. No doubt some things are not at all easy to deal with and something are not so much in our control, Try to take life as a challenge. A person's qualities are of superior importance than appearance. True friends will understand this.

Give up the old perceptions and do not limit yourself of what you thought earlier. Just continuously try new ways of thinking and find out what's the best you can make of everything.  Always respect Yourself, and have self confidence. Please try to refresh yourself and rediscover your strengths and talents. Try to find what new work or activity makes you interested and happy. Just ignore negative things. Don't give them any importance. Give your well-being the highest importance and priority. As the saying goes, do what you like or sometimes, it's better to like what you do to become happy. If it's possible explore options of taking up some good work if you like. Try something like meditation or spiritual activities and going on walk with friends.  Also always  be good to Yourself, and appreciate yourself for it. You can be your own best friend!

Psychiatry & Psychology--General

Daniel S. Harrop, M.D.

Dr. Daniel S. Harrop received his B.A. and his M.D., both from Brown, and his M.B.A. from the Edinburgh Business School, Scotland. Board-certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry, he is a past president of the R.I. Psychiatric Society and a member of the Committee on Medical Quality of the American Psychiatric Association and the Committee on Continuing Medical Education of the R.I Medical Society. He serves as a consultant to four of the top five major medical management companies, including OptumHealth/United Healthcare, Magellan Behavioral Health Services, ValueOptions and APS Healthcare, and maintains a private practice in Providence, R.I. He also serves as chief psychiatric consultant on the Medical Advisory Board at the R.I. Workers Compensation Court. He was formerly on the faculty at the medical schools at both Brown University and Harvard University.